बुधवार, 27 अक्तूबर 2010

INSPIRATIONAL EXPERIENCE OF

INSPIRATIONAL EXPERIENCE OF

SISTER BK NINA (NEWZEALAND)

GOT STRUCK IN THE PREVIOUS EARTH QUAKE

Om Shanti

At around 4:35am last Saturday, September 4th, my husband woke me up nudging me. When I opened my eyes, our house was already shaking violently. He said he heard a loud rumbling sound before the movement, and that woke him up. My first instinct was to get out of the house, so I got out of bed right away (in a panic) leaving him behind. As soon as I was standing, I thought of Baba and saw his light shining and protecting our house. It only happened in a second, and then I remembered my mom (BK Ellen) because I know how nervous she could get when it comes to natural calamities. It was impossible to run, but I managed to run going to my mom's room to check on her and ask her to get out of the house. I found her kneeling on the floor, holding our bhakti images because it was going to fall. After knowing that she was alright, I just stood there on the door and waited for the quake to stop. It lasted for 40 seconds but it felt like a lifetime. It was shaking for so long that I began to wonder if it would ever stop. The thing that made it worse is that after 5-10 minutes it started shaking again and it was like that for the first hour, it would shake almost like every after 10 -15minutes... it felt like destruction day.





During the first hour; my mom, my husband, and I did our yoga. It was the hardest yoga I have ever done. My mind was stabilizing but my body was shaking and my knees felt weak, I'm not sure if it was because it was cold, because it was 13deg cold inside my mom's room, or because of the adrenalin rush. Whatever the reason is, my body keeps pulling me down from my yoga... so it really was a struggle.





I now have an idea on how hard it's going to be like when destruction comes and we have not have had enough practice. Practice, practice, practice! Is this how Baba gives exam for his favorite children? Or a rehearsal perhaps, a rehearsal for his child who is still hiding behind the curtain! Every time we meditate, it would quake and my heart would pound so loudly I could feel it. It only means that I am not detached yet, not stable, and I am still affected.





One night, because I couldn’t sleep, I decided to meditate with my eyes closed so Baba can help me sleep. I haven’t reached Baba yet during meditation, we already felt a strong aftershock (5.4magnitude) I opened my eyes and checked my surroundings. Then I realized that I should not have done that! I should have stayed with Baba! I said “Ok Baba, one more time and let me try this again.” After 15mins during my meditation, the ground shook again! And again, I opened my eyes and got distracted watching the room shake. Oh dear, I failed again. The good thing is, because it keeps on happening, I find that it’s becoming easier to go back to meditation and just let it pass.

So I guess my grade for that examination is a C+, but we Brahmins are aiming for an A+. Oh dear, I’ve got a long way to go. I’m not affected anymore by the quake and its aftershocks, unless they are really strong ones that jolt you from sleep. I know that Baba is with us and everything he does is GOOD, indeed it is, but the body and Maya can be so powerful sometimes and we're still learning to beat them.





The next day (Sunday) to make things much worst, we were to expect a storm wind of 120-130kph enough to topple down damaged buildings and debris. Thank Baba it did not rain that day and the gust wind did not fully touchdown. There was a time when anger and fear would cross my mind because the quake just wouldn’t stop and it seems like it does not have any plans of stopping. Without gyan I don’t think we can survive this calamity… it can be so traumatic really. I have been receiving Murlis from Baba since May this year and reading those Murlis, Baba has made so many warnings but I did not really listen, thinking that I still have a lot of time.





Now, I’m beginning to realize that it is possible that tomorrow might never come and it is always best to begin NOW. My mom and I continue to read Murlis and make discussions and share our experiences about Baba. We continue to give service and remind each other how wonderful Baba is and how He has taught us a lot from this experience. Only a few people get to have an examination or a rehearsal like this from Baba. And He has really shown us that He is here with us and that we are protected.





I cannot begin to tell you how Baba has protected us from this earthquake because the list is long. Some houses are torn in two, microwaves ending up in fish tanks, broken appliances, road cracks are 5ft high, houses moved meters long from its original place, volcanic soils and underground water flooding the streets, people lost their businesses and houses etc. But inside our house only 1 bottle fell… everything was in place like nothing happened. My jars, which I have placed on the edge of our cupboards, did not even move an inch! ¾ of the City doesn’t have electricity and water, we have all those all throughout this calamity, and Baba’s frames and pictures did not move an inch as well.





Until now, we are still experiencing aftershocks for 5 days now. It did not lessen in intensity but only in frequency. In all, Canterbury has received 270 aftershocks of magnitude 3 to 5.4 so far since Saturday's quake; people would have felt about 150 of them. One of Baba’s great miracles during this calamity is that in spite of the strong quake… no one died and there were only 2 major casualties. No one was really badly hurt physically but psychologically people here are traumatized. Post traumatic stress will be rearing its ugly head for many adults and children.

Every night, since Saturday, we have been playing commentaries and meditation music the entire night to help us sleep and to calm us down whenever an aftershock strikes at night. A lot of people here are not able to sleep and becomes anxious at night, and up until now most are still bunking in their lounge.





Whatever Baba does is GOOD. He’s made so many warnings which I did not heed but he still protected me, He’s preparing us for destruction, He is always there, and His love is overwhelming!

Our ordeal here might not be over yet; we are still learning from our mistakes, continuing to make effort and service, and always remembering what Baba said “Study and become clever. If you do not study now, you will have to look down when the results are out.”





Brothers and sisters please remember us during your yoga.





Om Shanti

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें